Canada Post began providing its services since the year 1867 and was known then as the Royal Canada Post. Canada Post provides services to millions of customers annually, as the number of addresses that parcels were delivered to reached about 16 million in 2016 where 8.4 billion items were delivered and the company has 6,200 post offices in All over canada. The company employs approximately 64,000 employees and has 13,000 vehicles.
Track Canada post shipments and parcels
4tracking provides you with an easy way to track Canada post parcels. you can put your tracking number in the field above and click "track" button, Then wait few seconds then you will get your tracking result informing you the place of your parcel.
Canada post services
Canada Post provides its services within the Canadian territories and around the world. You can track Canada Post parcels in Canada and around the world through the 4Tracking website and we will provide a list of local services as well as international and their advantages:
Canada Post services within Canada
- PriorityTM: This service provides quick parcel delivery on the day following dispatch throughout Canada and provides tracking and confirmation of dispatch in addition to compensation in the event of loss or damage.
- XpresspostTM :By using this service, parcels can be delivered the next day at the same destination and on the second day nationally. The service provides tracking and confirmation of dispatch in addition to compensation up to 100 dollars.
- Flat rate box 5 : This service provides a one-day delivery in the same city, from one to three days in the same region, and from two to seven days nationally. This service ensures delivery at the appointed time in addition to tracking and confirmation of dispatch.
- Regular ParcelTM : This service provides a more slow delivery, as delivery to the same city takes two days, regionally, from 3 to 5 days, while from 4 to 9 days nationally. The service provides tracking . as well as confirmation upon delivery.
Canada Post services around the world
We will start talking about the services that Canada Post provides to the United States of America:
- PriorityTM Worldwide :Delivery takes place the next day at 10:30 am. This service enables tracking the parcel as well as obtaining confirmation of receipt in addition to compensation in cases of loss or damage up to $ 100.
- XpresspostTM USA :Delivery takes place within two to three days. The service provides tracking of the parcel as well as a guarantee of delivery on time.
- Expedited ParcelTM USA : The delivery time for this service ranges from 4 to 7 days. It does not provide a guarantee for delivery on time and provides tracking and confirmation of receipt as well as compensation of up to $ 100.
- Tracked PacketTM USA : This service provides a delivery between 4 to 7 days, as well as tracking the parcel and confirming the delivery in addition to compensation in the event of loss or damage.
- Small PacketTM USA : Delivery takes place between 5 to 8 days, but this service does not provide much. As you cannot track the product, you also cannot obtain confirmation upon delivery and there is no compensation for loss or damage.
We are now passing to the international delivery services:
- PriorityTM Worldwide : It is considered a fast delivery as it takes from 2-3 days and provides tracking of the parcel, as well as confirmation of receipt, in addition to compensation.
- XpresspostTM International :The parcel arrives between 4 to 7 days and provides continuous updates, as well as tracking the parcel and confirmation upon receipt.
- InternationalParcelTM :It takes 12 days or more for parcels to arrive in this service using air transportation, while it takes between 4 to 12 weeks by land transportation. This service does not provide tracking or confirmation upon delivery.
- Tracked PacketTM International :Delivery takes 6 to 10 days, and this service provides tracking and confirmation upon delivery.
- Small PacketTM International : Delivery takes 6 to 10 days, while it takes 4 to 12 weeks using ground delivery. This service does not provide a guarantee for delivery on time, nor does it provide tracking or confirmation upon receipt
What are the prices of Canada Post?
The price varies according to several factors, including the weight of the parcel, as well as the distance it will travel and the service that has been chosen for the transmission. You can obtain a price by entering the parcel information as well as the destination in order to calculate the cost from this page.
Tracking number forms for Canada Post
In order to track a parcel for Canada Post you need a tracking number and most likely you will find it similar to the list below
(# = Letter, * = Digit, ! = Letter Or Digit)
- A# *** *** *** CA
- C# *** *** *** CA
- E# *** *** *** CA
- G# *** *** *** CA
- H# *** *** *** CA
- L# *** *** *** CA
- M# *** *** *** CA
- P# *** *** *** CA
- R# *** *** *** CA
- S# *** *** *** CA
- T# *** *** *** CA
- V# *** *** *** CA
- *** *** *** *** *** *
Examples of statuses which Canada Post shipment tracking passes
|Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up|
|Business temporarily closed; item on hold|
|Customer addressing error found; attempting to correct. Possible delay|
|Customs has released item to post office|
|Delivered to mailroom|
|Delivered to recipient's delivery partner|
|Delivered to recipient's front door|
|Delivered to your community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox|
|Delivered to your concierge or building manager|
|Delivery delayed to next business day|
|Delivery may be delayed due to extreme weather conditions|
|Delivery may be delayed due to power outage|
|Delivery may be delayed due to transportation delay|
|Delivery preference - Deliver to post office|
|Delivery preference - Front desk or superintendent|
|Delivery preference - Front door|
|Delivery preference - Garage|
|Delivery preference - Side door|
|Duty and taxes paid online|
|Electronic information submitted by shipper|
|Expected delivery date updated|
|Final Notice; Item will be returned to sender if not collected within 10 days|
|International item being forwarded to destination country|
|International item being returned to sender. Insufficient postage|
|International item has arrived at transit destination|
|International item has arrived in a foreign country|
|International item has been forwarded onwards to destination|
|International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada|
|International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada|
|International item has transited Canada and been forwarded to destination|
|International item is in transit to the delivery office|
|International item mailed in origin country|
|International item mailed in originating country|
|International item processed in originating country|
|International item released from Customs|
|International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post|
|International item released from Customs to Foreign Postal Administration|
|International item was undeliverable. Item being returned to sender|
|International shipment has arrived in a foreign country|
|Item Presented to Import Customs|
|Item accepted at the Post Office|
|Item arrived at partner facility|
|Item arrived in Canada damaged. Sent for further processing|
|Item available for pick-up|
|Item available for pickup at Post Office|
|Item being returned rescheduled for delivery next business day|
|Item being returned to sender|
|Item being returned to sender. Does not meet product requirements|
|Item being returned to sender. Incomplete address|
|Item cannot be delivered; more details to be provided|
|Item departed partner facility|
|Item has arrived at the delivery office in the destination country|
|Item has arrived in Canada and will be presented for review|
|Item has arrived in foreign country|
|Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review|
|Item has been released by Customs|
|Item has been returned and is enroute to the Sender|
|Item has been sent to customs in the destination country|
|Item held by Customs|
|Item in transit|
|Item in transit to Post Office|
|Item is considered non-mailable matter. Item being returned to sender|
|Item is en route to Canadian Customs|
|Item is now available for pickup|
|Item on hold|
|Item on hold at a secure facility; contact Customer Service|
|Item on hold at recipient's request|
|Item out for Delivery|
|Item out for delivery|
|Item picked up by Canada Post|
|Item presented to customs|
|Item re-routed due to processing error; Possible delay|
|Item received at originating postal facility|
|Item redirected to recipient's new address|
|Item refused by recipient. Item being returned to sender|
|Item rescheduled for delivery next business day|
|Item returned to Post from Customs|
|Item successfully delivered|
|Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing|
|Item was unclaimed by recipient. Item being returned to sender|
|Label correction applied|
|Notice card left indicating where and when to pick up item|
|Out for delivery|
|Recipient not located at address provided. Item being returned to sender|
|Refused by Customs. Item being returned to sender|
|Retail transaction has been voided|
|Return item accepted at Post Office|
|Return label created|
|Return to sender attempted. Card left indicating where item can be picked up|
|Shipment arrived in Canada and will be presented for customs review|
|Shipment picked up by Canada Post|
|Shipment received at originating postal facility|
|The item being returned to the sender arrived at the postal facility|
|The item being returned to the sender went out for delivery|
|Verifying recipient's address; Possible delay|