ePacket is a shipping service specifically designed to cater to the increasing demand for cost-effective and efficient international shipping, particularly for e-commerce businesses. It was introduced as a result of an agreement between China Post and the United States Postal Service (USPS) to facilitate smoother trade between China and the United States. Over time, the service has expanded to other countries as well.
what is Purpose of ePacket?
The ePacket service was introduced to address the growing need for a more affordable and efficient shipping option for e-commerce businesses, particularly those shipping products from China and Hong Kong to international destinations. The emergence of e-commerce platforms like AliExpress, eBay, and Amazon created a high demand for cost-effective shipping services that could provide reasonably fast delivery times.
The primary purpose of ePacket is to facilitate global e-commerce by offering a cost-effective and relatively fast shipping solution. It enables businesses, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), to ship lightweight products at competitive prices while maintaining acceptable delivery times. This shipping method has proven beneficial for both sellers and buyers, contributing to the growth of cross-border e-commerce trade.
What are the features of using the ePacket shipping service?
Key Features of ePacket:
- Cost-effective: ePacket offers affordable shipping rates compared to other international shipping options. This makes it an attractive choice for both sellers and buyers, as it helps keep product prices competitive.
- Faster delivery times: Although not as fast as express shipping services, ePacket typically provides quicker delivery times than standard international shipping methods. Delivery times generally range from 7 to 20 business days, depending on the destination country.
- Tracking information: ePacket shipments come with tracking numbers, allowing both sellers and buyers to monitor the package's progress throughout its journey. The tracking information can be accessed through websites of the postal services involved, such as USPS, China Post, or the destination country's postal service.
- Delivery confirmation: The service includes delivery confirmation, which helps in reducing disputes between sellers and buyers regarding the receipt of packages. This feature is particularly useful for online retailers as it offers a level of security and assurance.
- Weight and size restrictions: ePacket shipments have specific weight and size limitations. The maximum weight allowed for a package is 2 kg (4.4 lbs), and the maximum length of any side of the package should not exceed 60 cm (23.6 inches). There are also maximum combined dimensions for length, width, and height.
- Customs and duties: ePacket shipments are subject to customs clearance in the destination country. Buyers may be required to pay import duties or taxes, depending on the country's regulations and the value of the items.
Which countries currently support ePacket delivery?
Countries that currently support ePacket delivery include:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- Turkey state
- United Kingdom
- United States
Is ePacket the same as China Post EMS?
No, ePacket and China Post EMS are not the same. While both services are offered by China Post, they cater to different shipping needs and have distinct features.
- ePacket is designed specifically for lightweight, low-cost products being shipped internationally, mainly for e-commerce purposes.
- It has weight and size limitations, with a maximum weight of 2 kg (4.4 lbs) and a maximum length of 60 cm (23.6 inches) for any side of the package.
- It offers relatively faster delivery times than standard international shipping, usually ranging from 7 to 20 business days, depending on the destination country.
- ePacket provides tracking information and delivery confirmation, making it suitable for online retailers.
China Post EMS (Express Mail Service):
- EMS is an international express shipping service that caters to both documents and merchandise, including heavier and more valuable items.
- It has higher weight and size allowances than ePacket, allowing for the shipment of larger and heavier packages.
- EMS generally offers faster delivery times than ePacket, with deliveries typically taking between 3 to 10 business days, depending on the destination country.
- It provides comprehensive tracking information and, in some cases, additional services such as insurance and signature confirmation.
- EMS shipping rates are usually higher than ePacket rates due to the faster delivery times and higher weight allowances.
How do I track ePacket shipments?
At our website, we are committed to providing a seamless and efficient tracking experience for our valued users. We proudly support ePacket tracking, along with a wide range of other China Post delivery services, ensuring that you can effortlessly track your shipments from China to their final destinations. Our user-friendly platform makes it easy to monitor your packages in real-time, offering you the peace of mind that comes with knowing the exact status and location of your shipments. Whether you're a buyer eagerly awaiting your purchase or a seller striving to provide excellent customer service, our website is the go-to resource for all your China Post tracking needs. Experience unparalleled convenience and stay informed about your shipments with our comprehensive tracking solutions.
To track a ePacket shipments, enter the tracking number in the field above, click the "Carrier" button, and select "China Post EMS (ePacket)" If you're unsure which carrier is handling your shipment, let the system choose the carrier automatically on your behalf. After that, click the "Track" button, and you will be redirected to the tracking results page. Here, you will find detailed information about your shipment, including locations and dates.
Understanding ePacket Tracking Statuses
Tracking an ePacket shipment allows both sellers and buyers to monitor the progress of their package throughout its journey. To help you understand the various tracking statuses you may encounter, here is an overview of common ePacket tracking statuses and their meanings:
- Electronic Shipping Info Received: This status indicates that the seller has created a shipping label for the package, and the carrier has received electronic notification of the shipment. The package, however, has not yet been handed over to the carrier.
- Accepted: The carrier has received the package from the seller, and it has entered the postal system. It is now ready to be processed and transported to its destination.
- Processed Through Facility: The package has been processed at a sorting facility or a local post office. This status may appear multiple times as the package passes through multiple facilities during its journey.
- Departed From Facility: The package has left a sorting facility and is on its way to the next destination, such as another sorting facility, a transit hub, or the destination country.
- Arrived at Facility: The package has arrived at a new facility for further processing or transportation.
- Inbound/Outbound Into/Out of Customs: The package is being processed by the customs authorities in the destination country. This status may be followed by a "Customs Clearance" or "Released from Customs" status, indicating that the package has cleared customs and is ready for delivery.
- Departed from/Arrived at Transit Country: The package has left or arrived at a transit country while en route to its final destination. This status may appear if the shipment passes through multiple countries during its journey.
- Out for Delivery: The package is with the local carrier in the destination country and is being prepared for final delivery to the recipient.
- Attempted Delivery: The carrier attempted to deliver the package, but the recipient was not available, or there was an issue with the delivery address. In such cases, the carrier may leave a notice informing the recipient about the attempted delivery and the options for redelivery or pickup.
- Delivered: The package has been successfully delivered to the recipient. This status may also include additional information, such as the date and time of delivery or the recipient's signature.
- Held at Customs: The package is being held by customs authorities due to issues such as unpaid duties, prohibited items, or incomplete documentation. The recipient or sender may need to take action to resolve the issue and release the package.
- Returned to Sender: The package is being returned to the sender due to various reasons, such as an incorrect address, the recipient's refusal to accept the package, or multiple unsuccessful delivery attempts.
These are some of the common ePacket tracking statuses you may encounter while monitoring your shipment. Understanding these statuses can help you stay informed about your package's progress and take appropriate action if any issues arise during the shipping process.
How long does ePacket delivery take?
ePacket delivery times can vary depending on the destination country and other factors such as customs clearance, local postal services, and potential delays caused by holidays, weather, or other unforeseen events. However, ePacket generally offers faster delivery times compared to standard international shipping services.
Below are the estimated delivery times for ePacket shipments to various destination countries:
- United States: 7 to 15 business days
- Canada: 10 to 20 business days
- Australia: 7 to 15 business days
- United Kingdom: 7 to 15 business days
- European countries: 10 to 20 business days
- Asian countries: 7 to 15 business days
Please note that these are estimated delivery times and can vary depending on individual circumstances. Customs clearance in the destination country, for instance, may cause delays that are beyond the control of the shipping carrier.
It is also essential to consider that the delivery times may be affected by peak shipping seasons, such as holidays when postal services experience higher volumes of mail and packages. During these periods, it is not uncommon for ePacket shipments to experience delays.
ePacket Shipping Rates
ePacket shipping rates are typically more affordable than other international shipping options, which is one of the reasons for its popularity among e-commerce businesses and consumers. The rates depend on various factors, such as the package's weight and dimensions, and the destination country.
Here are some general factors that influence ePacket shipping rates:
Package Weight and Dimensions
- ePacket shipping rates are primarily based on the weight of the package. Heavier packages will generally have higher shipping costs than lighter ones.
- Although ePacket has specific size limitations, oversized packages may also incur additional fees.
- To calculate the shipping rates for a particular package, you can use the shipping calculator tools available on the China Post or destination country's postal service websites.
- Shipping rates may vary depending on the destination country, as different postal services have their own pricing structures.
- Some countries may have additional fees or surcharges, such as remote area surcharges or fuel surcharges, which can affect the overall shipping cost.
It's essential to note that while ePacket shipping rates are generally more affordable than other international shipping services, they may not always be the cheapest option available. Depending on the package's weight, dimensions, and destination, other shipping methods, such as China Post's Registered Airmail or Small Packet services, might be more cost-effective.
For accurate ePacket shipping rates for your specific shipment, it is recommended to consult the relevant postal service websites or reach out to the carrier directly. Additionally, many e-commerce platforms, such as AliExpress, eBay, and Amazon, provide shipping rate calculators or estimates during the checkout process, which can help you determine the most suitable shipping option for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about ePacket (FAQs)
Here are some frequently asked questions related to ePacket shipping and tracking that can help address common concerns and uncertainties users may have:
Is ePacket available for all countries?
ePacket is not available for all countries. It started as a shipping service between China and the United States and has since expanded to include other countries such as Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, and several European and Asian countries. The list of supported countries may change over time, so it's essential to check the availability of ePacket shipping for your specific destination.
What are the weight and size limitations for ePacket shipments?
ePacket shipments have specific weight and size restrictions. The maximum weight allowed is 2 kg (4.4 lbs), and the maximum length of any side of the package should not exceed 60 cm (23.6 inches). Additionally, the combined dimensions of length, width, and height should not exceed 90 cm (35.4 inches).
What should I do if my ePacket shipment is delayed or lost?
If your ePacket shipment is delayed, it's essential to keep monitoring the tracking information for any updates. Delays can occur due to customs clearance, local postal services, or other unforeseen events. If your package appears to be lost or has not arrived within the estimated delivery time, you should contact the seller for assistance or file a claim with the shipping carrier.
Will I have to pay import duties or taxes on my ePacket shipment?
Import duties or taxes may apply to your ePacket shipment, depending on the destination country's regulations and the value of the items. It's essential to be aware of your country's customs rules and regulations to avoid any unexpected charges. You may be required to pay these charges upon receiving your package.
Can I ship any item using ePacket?
Not all items can be shipped using ePacket, as there are restrictions on certain products based on international postal regulations and destination country-specific rules. It's essential to check the list of prohibited and restricted items for ePacket shipping to ensure your package complies with these regulations.
What should I do if my ePacket tracking information has not been updated for a long time?
If your ePacket tracking information has not been updated for an extended period, it could be due to a delay in the package's transit or the tracking system not being updated. Continue to monitor the tracking information and be patient. If the tracking information remains unchanged for an unreasonable amount of time, contact the seller for assistance or reach out to the shipping carrier.
What if my ePacket shipment has been marked as "delivered," but I haven't received it?
If your ePacket shipment is marked as "delivered," but you have not received it, follow these steps:
- Check the delivery details provided in the tracking information to ensure the correct address was used.
- Look for any delivery notices left by the carrier, as they may have left the package in a safe location or with a neighbor.
- Contact your local postal service or the carrier responsible for delivering the package to inquire about the delivery.
- Reach out to the seller to report the issue and seek further assistance.
My ePacket shipment is stuck in customs. What should I do?
If your ePacket shipment is stuck in customs, it might be due to incomplete documentation, prohibited items, or unpaid duties and taxes. Generally, customs authorities will contact the recipient if additional information or payment is required. Make sure to provide the requested information or make the necessary payments to release your package from customs. If you're unsure about the reason for the delay, you can contact the customs authorities or the shipping carrier for more information.
Can I change the delivery address for my ePacket shipment after it has been shipped?
Changing the delivery address for an ePacket shipment after it has been shipped can be challenging. In most cases, once the package is in transit, the delivery address cannot be modified. However, you can try contacting the shipping carrier or your local postal service to see if they can help with any available options. Keep in mind that any changes to the delivery address might cause delays in the delivery process.
How can I request a refund or replacement if my ePacket shipment is damaged or the contents are missing?
If your ePacket shipment arrives damaged or with missing contents, you should contact the seller to report the issue. Provide any necessary documentation, such as photos of the damaged package or a description of the missing items. The seller may offer a refund, replacement, or other resolutions depending on their policies and the specific circumstances. If the seller is uncooperative, you may need to escalate the issue through the e-commerce platform's dispute resolution process or file a claim with the shipping carrier.
Examples of statuses which China Post EMS - ePacket shipment tracking passes
|Arrival at Customs in [GR Greece]
|Arrival at Customs in [IT Italy]
|Arrival at Customs in [PT Portugal]
|Arrival at Customs in [US Los Angeles USA]
|Arrival at Customs in [china shenzhen]
|Arrival at Customs in [null CA]
|Arrival at Delivery Office
|Arrival at Destination
|Arrival at Office of Exchange
|Arrival at Pickup Depot
|Arrival at Processing Center
|Arrival at Processing Center [BR null Brazil,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [CL null Chile,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [ES null SPAIN,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [PT null Portugal,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [US Utah CITY OF INDUSTRY CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER;;]
|Arrival at Processing Center [US Utah CITY OF INDUSTRY CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER]
|Arrival at Processing Center [US Utah SALT LAKE CITY DISTRIBUTION CENTER]
|Arrival at Processing Center [US Utah SALT LAKE CITY,UT 84122]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null Belgium,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null Brazil,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null Greece,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null HK]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null ICN]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null Slovenia,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null Thessaloniki]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null US,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null Blainville]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null CURITIBA]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null EDEN PRAIRIE MN 55344]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null GREENWOOD IN 46143]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null HK]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null ICN]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null Israel,local sorting centre]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null LOS ANGELES CA 90040]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null Los Angeles CA USA]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null PL.kuai jian dao da mu de guo bo lan ]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null a er ba ni ya ]
|Arrival at Processing Center [null null chai ban wan cheng ，qing guan zhong ,kuai jian zheng zai qing guan ]